The Alien Blaster is a unique energy weapon that can only be acquired if the player has the Wild Wasteland perk and can be found at the UFO crash site, which is an unmarked location found north of Horowitz farmstead.
Quick tips before you set out to get the Alien Blaster:
- Wild Wasteland Trait required. To get the gun, you’ll need to have the Wild Wasteland trait before you ever approach the location. If you visit this same location without the trait, you will find a group of mercenaries here instead, one of whom will have the YCS/186 gauss rifle (guide for the YCS/186 here).
- Limited ammo. The alien blaster uses a unique type of ammunition, called “Alien Power Cells”. You get anywhere from 110-250 of those with the gun. No more of this ammo can be found anywhere in the entire game.
- Save before getting the gun. Before you travel to Horowitz farmstead to get the gun, save somewhere far away, like Goodsprings or The Strip, and then travel to the location. You can then reload this save as many times as you need to before you get a satisfactory number of Alien Power Cells.
Acquisition of the Alien Blaster
To get the Alien Blaster, you must first go to the Horowitz farmstead, which is located by the road that leads north from Vegas.
After that, head directly north. You should see a UFO on a ridge that borders the playable area.
Near the UFO, you should find a group of 3 aliens. One of these aliens will be hostile toward you right off the bat. That alien is the one who is carrying the Alien Blaster and the Alien Power Cells.
Tips for using the Alien Blaster
- The Alien Blaster has a 100% chance to critically hit, regardless of your Luck stat. This also means that every enemy that you kill with this weapon will turn the enemy into ash.
- Due to the limited number of times that you can fire this weapon, it’s best to conserve ammunition for boss enemies or for difficult areas. Examples of those areas/fights: Dry Wells, Dead Wind Cavern, Courier’s Mile, Long 15, Quarry Junction, and the Battle of Hoover Dam.
- The “Better Criticals” perk effectively increases this weapon’s base damage by 25, making it even more powerful.