In order to create the Armanoir, you will need a Dark Glittering Oval and Grand Orgen.
You need to meet the following requirements as well:
- Unlock the Armanoir recipe: The node for the Armanoir recipe is on the bottom part of the Skill Tree.
- Unlock the Grand Orgen recipe: You will find the Grand Orgen recipe on the top side of the Skill Tree.
- Link morph the Arc en Ciel: Dark Glittering Oval is a link morph of the Arc en Ciel recipe..
- Obtain a Black Glitter Stone: You will need a Black Glitter Stone to morph the Arc en Ciel into a Dark Glittering Oval.
Before getting started, make sure you have all the necessary Skill Tree nodes unlocked.
On the bottom side of the Skill Tree, you will find the node for all armors, including Armanoir.
On the top side, you will find the node for the Grand Orgen recipe.
Obtaining the Ingredients
First, you will need a Black Glitter Stone for the Dark Glittering Oval morph. Then, you will have to link morph the Arc en Ciel recipe into a Dark Glittering Oval.
Black Glitter Stone
You can find the Black Glitter Stone in the Underworld Orim region.
Fast travel to Holy Site of Urdis – Windle. Take the village’s easter exit, and head towards the Cavern of Insanity.
On the way to the cave, you will find a few boulders with black ores on them.
Collect these rocks and, at Gathering Rank 3, you will obtain the Black Glitter Stone.
Dark Glittering Oval
With the Black Glitter Stone, you can now synthesize the Dark Glittering Oval.
Return to the Atelier and select the Arc en Ciel recipe.
Insert a Rainbow Gemstone in the Effect 1 loop.
Add a Magical-category ingredient to the Effect 2 loop.
After filling out the two core loops, you will be able to link morph the recipe.
Select the Effect 2 loop and press the “Link Morph” button.
Add any ingredient to the Effect 2 loop to create the link morph.
You will find a new Recipe loop on the bottom-right corner of the recipe.
Move to the Quality loop to the right of the Effect 2 loop, and insert a Neutralizer-category ingredient. This loop has a Bolt Element level 4 requirement.
Add a Magic-category ingredient to the second Quality loop, which has an Ice Element level 6 requirement.
Complete the morph by adding a Black Glitter Stone to the Recipe loop, which requires Fire Element level 3.
You can synthesize the recipe right away to obtain the Dark Glittering Oval.
Synthesizing the Armanoir
After obtaining the Dark Glittering Stone, you can now synthesize the Armanoir.
Before proceeding, create nine Grand Orgen ingots.
Select the Armanoir recipe and start from the Effect 4 loop. Add a Jewel-category ingredient.
Move to the Effect 2 loop and insert a Dark Glittering Oval.
Insert an Ingot-category ingredient in the Effect 3 loop. You can use a Grand Orgen for additional stat points.
Move to the Effect 1 loop. Use all the remaining ingredients to add as any Grand Orgen ingots as possible. You will be able to add another nine with a maxed out Skill Tree.
You can now synthesize the recipe, and then add the effects later with Item Rebuild.
Armanoir requires the following ingredients:
- Two Grand Orgen ingots (Fire Element levels 5 and 6).
- Five Jewel-category ingredients (Air Element levels 6, 8 and 9; Ice Element level 5).
- Seven Metal-category ingredients (Air Element level 5; Bolt Element levels 3, 4 and 5; Fire Element levels 3, 4 and 8).
- A Dark Glittering Oval (Bolt Element level 6).
You can use Philosopher’s Stones and Olden Philosopher’s Stones in the Jewel-category loops to quickly fill out the others. Dark Glittering Oval also has Effect Spread, making it easier to fill out the remaining loops.
Once fully rebuilt, Armanoir will have these effects:
- Flawless: increases maximum HP and reduces damage taken when at full HP.
- Invulnerable: disables stun damage and reduces physical damage taken.
- Auto-recovery: recovers HP every turn.
- Mythical Metal: reduces damage received and increases Stun Gauge damage dealt by skills.
You can also use the furnace to reinforce Armanoir. This will allow you to add Traits and Super Traits, and will also let you raise the equipment’s stats up to 999.