The Chopper is a unique Cleaver that can be found at the Wolfhorn Ranch.
Quick tips before getting the Chopper:
- Best early-game limb damage weapon. If you need to cause limb damage to enemies (either to complete challenges or to debuff stronger enemies), this weapon is the easiest to acquire one that fills that role.
- The location may be called “Ulysses’ Camp”. In the French, Spanish, Italian and German translations of the game, the name of the location differs. The name always directly translates to English as “Ulysses’ Camp”.
Acquisition of the Chopper
To acquire the Chopper, you must make your way to Wolfhorn Ranch, which is located by the intersection northeast of Nipton.
Once there, you should see a shack made of sheet metal in the center. Head inside.
You should see a stove in the far right corner of the shack. The Chopper is sitting on the bottom right stovetop.
Comparing the Chopper and the Cleaver
- The Chopper deals double damage (14 vs 7).
- The Chopper attacks faster (3.92 attacks/second vs 2.54 attacks/second).
Tips for using the Chopper
- The Chopper works best as a weapon used by melee weapon builds during the early game to debuff enemies that you can’t reliably kill with the weapons that are at your disposal.
- The fast attack speed and relatively high damage make this one of the better melee weapons for the early game of Fallout: New Vegas. The only weapon that truly beats the DPS of this weapon is the Chance’s Knife (guide to acquire here).
- Once you acquire better weaponry and you have no use for the Chopper anymore, you can sell it for a decent number of caps.