The Comrade’s Hammer is one of the strongest weapons in Cyberpunk 2077. It’s an Iconic version of the RT-46 Burya revolver that fires absurdly powerful explosive ammunition. When paired with a Tech Weapon/Pistol build, it can one-hit kill nearly any non-skull enemy in the game.
Quick tips before you head off to grab the revolver.
- Can be acquired right after you finish Act I, but at a lower tier. Seeing as its crafting spec can be found in the game world, you can acquire it as soon as you finish the first act, however, keep in mind that the sooner you acquire it, the lower the tier of the weapon.
You can upgrade the weapon’s tier as you level up, but it will cost you a lot of resources.
- Must be crafted. The weapon itself cannot be found in the game, however, you can acquire the crafting spec for the weapon, which will allow you to make it yourself through the crafting menu. Remember that doing this will require you to spend some item components on it.
To acquire this gun, head to Santo Domingo, specifically the Arroyo region, and go to the Organized Crime Activity marked out in the image below.
Do note that you’ll encounter about 10 hostile 6th Street gang members here.
You’ll enter from one of two directions, either from the highway or from an area with fuel containers.
If you come from the area with the fuel containers, you can actually make use of a great spot that allows you to gain a height advantage. Simply go around the building on the left side of the entrance. There is a ladder there you can use to climb up to the roof of the building.
The person you’re looking for is someone named Darius Miles. He’ll be somewhere within the area. Kill him to acquire the crafting spec.
As an Iconic weapon, the Comrade’s Hammer has a whole array of special effects. Most notably, it can only be fired once before reloading, its effective range against vehicles has been cut in half, and cannot penetrate cover (unlike most other tech weapons), but it comes with several upsides:
- Fires explosive rounds that deal incredibly high damage.
- Has a high chance (40%) of applying a Burn damage over time effect.
- Has an increased effective range over the standard model.
- Bashing (quick attack) with it will immediately reload it.
Tips for using the Comrade’s Hammer
This gun is an absolute beast in combat, especially at close range, where you’ll be able to make use of the instant quick attack reload.
To make the most out of this gun, you’ll want to invest in the Technical Ability (Tech Weapon branch) and Cool (Pistols, Revolvers, Precision Rifles, and Sniper Rifles branch) attributes.
The skills that will benefit you the most are In Chare, Focus, Deep Breath, and Nerves of Tungsten Steel.
Nerves of Tungsten Steel specifically will have the largest effect on the weapon, as it will make the already absurd damage of the weapon even higher, by guaranteeing a crit if you hit a headshot or a weak spot.
Combine Nerves of Tungsten Steel with Deep Breath and In Charge to make sure you hit your shot and Focus to nullify the weapon’s high stamina cost, and you have a weapon capable of carrying you through the entire game.