The Chinese Stealth Armor is a rare set of armor that can be found within one of Hoover Dam’s storage closets. Its effectiveness has been largely decreased compared to the Fallout 3 version, however, it still makes for a great collector’s piece. In this guide, I’ll go over how to get the armor. Additionally, I will also give you a few tips on how to make the most out of this iconic sneaking suit.
Quick tips before I get into the guide:
- No invisibility field. Unlike the Fallout 3 version, these stealth suits do not generate a stealth field around them, making them much weaker.
- Owned by the NCR. Both of these suits are marked owned by the NCR, which can result in them being confiscated from the player.
- This can be fixed by selling the armor to a merchant, exiting the merchant screen, and then buying the armor back.
To acquire the Chinese Stealth Armor, make your way to the Hoover Dam, east of Boulder City. Keep in mind that the Hoover Dam is an NCR outpost, meaning that if the NCR is hostile towards you, you will have to fight through them.
Once there, look for the entrance to the visitor’s center and head inside.
There is an elevator inside the visitor’s center, take it.
From the elevator, turn right and take the second door.
You’ll reach a platform overlooking Power Plant 01. There will be a door on your left. Go through.
You’ll reach a maze-like set of hallways. To find the stealth armor, go straight ahead
Once you reach the end of the hall, turn right.
Do the same thing again. Go straight until you reach the end of the hall, then turn right.
One last time. Go to the end of the hall and turn right. Once there, you’ll see a metal door with radiation warning sides on either side of it. That’s the correct door. Go through it.
Turn left immediately as you enter the room. There is a stack of wooden crates near the leftmost wall.
Both of the Chinese Stealth Armors are inside the middle crate on the left.
- Due to its easy acquisition (as long as the NCR isn’t hostile towards you), it makes for a great early-game armor for stealth builds.
- Despite weighing 20 pounds, which is on par with some medium armor sets, it’s considered to be light armor, which not only makes it suitable for sneaking but also allows the wearer to benefit from the powerful light armor perks, such as Travel Light and Light Touch.