The Desert Ranger Combat Armor is a unique armor set that can be found in the Stone Bones Cave (one of the caves located in the Sorrows camp), in the Honest Hearts DLC.
Quick tips before you head off to get the armor:
- Honest Hearts DLC required. The Armor can only be acquired if you have the Honest Hearts DLC installed.
- Not faction armor. Despite being very similar to the NCR Ranger Armor in appearance and stats, it is not considered to be NCR faction armor.
- Does not provide the wearer with Sneak Sight. Unlike the Riot Gear from the Lonesome Road DLC, this armor’s helmet does not provide the wearer with Sneak Sight, making it far less useful in dark areas.
- The cave is trapped. The entirety of the Stone Bones cave is full of traps. This includes trip wires, mines, and rigged shotguns. The Light Step perk will help you a lot in this area.
Acquisition of the armor
To acquire the armor, make your way to the Stone Bones Cave, located within the Sorrows camp. It’s located very high up, meaning that you may need to platform or walk through several other caves to get up to it.
Once you’re outside the cave, go inside. Watch out for traps.
Once you’re inside the cave, you should see a path leading up to your left. Go there.
The path will lead up through a wooden archway. Continue going straight until you reach a fork in the cave.
Once you reach a fork in the cave, take the left path. There, you’ll enter a campsite. Go up to the wooden platform.
The armor and helmet will be sitting on the edge of the wooden platform.
Comparison of the armor to the NCR Ranger Combat Armor
- The Desert Ranger Combat Armor has 2 more DT, and its helmet has 1 more DT than the NCR Ranger Combat Armor
- The Desert Ranger Combat Helmet is completely weightless.