Dr. Klein’s glove is a unique scientist glove that decreases enemy Strength, Energy Weapons skill, and Damage Threshold that can be acquired in house #101 in Higgs Village.
Quick tips before you head out to get the glove:
- Old World Blues DLC required. To get the glove, you must have the Old World Blues DLC installed.
- Enemies outside. While there are no enemies inside the location with the glove, there are many Lobotomite and Trauma Harness spawns right outside of it, so keep that in mind when traveling there.
Acquiring Dr. Klein’s Glove
To get this unique weapon, you must first make your way to Higgs Village, which is located northeast of the X-2 Transmitter Array and southeast of Ulysses’ Point.
Next, you must find house number 101, which is the second house on your right from the point of view of the entrance.
Luckily, the houses are all numbered, so just look at the door, you should be able to see a number that corresponds to the house. You may need to approach the door very closely, as the number is washed out by the nearby lights.
Alternatively, pointing at the door should also display the text “Door to #101”.
Once you find the correct door, head inside.
You’ll see a flight of stairs right in front of you. Head up the stairs and walk through the door on your right.
Right as you enter that room, you’ll see three doors ahead of you. Take the middle door and look to your right.
You will see a wooden bookshelf there. The glove is located on the bottom shelf.
Comparing Dr. Klein’s Glove to the Scientist Glove
- Dr. Klein’s Glove deals more damage per attack (34 vs 21).
- Dr. Klein’s Glove has a higher critical hit chance multiplier (3x vs 1.5x). This is one of only a few items to have the 3x critical hit multiplier in the entire game, and it is also the highest possible multiplier.
- Dr. Klein’s Glove costs fewer action points to attack in V.A.T.S. (18 vs 28).
- The Scientist Glove has a lower strength requirement (2 vs 3).
- Dr. Klein’s Glove has 2 special effects:
- On normal hits, the glove decreases the enemy’s Energy Weapons skill by 5 and decreases their Strength SPECIAL stat by 2, both for 30 seconds.
- On critical hits, the glove decreases the enemy’s Strength SPECIAL stat by an additional 1 point for 30 seconds and decreases their Damage Threshold by 1 for 60 seconds.
- Sneak attack criticals guarantee the application of the full effects of the glove.
This can be used to great effect on powerful melee enemies, like Legate Lanius or Rawr because the reduced Strength causes them to deal decreased damage.
Tips for using Dr. Klein Glove
- Using this weapon in combination with a critical hit build (guide for our critical hit build here) pretty much guarantees critical hits with this weapon.
- The glove is great against high HP, melee-based opponents, as they will become much easier to defeat, thanks to the decreased damage that they will deal and the slightly reduced Damage Threshold.
- All Unarmed weapons deal 2x damage in V.A.T.S., so using V.A.T.S. is recommended, not to mention that you gain a 5% increase to your critical hit chance in V.A.T.S.
- The Piercing Strike perk allows the weapon to beat through the armor of enemies with especially high Damage Thresholds.
- The Slayer perk will greatly increase the weapon’s attack speed, allowing you to have more opportunities to apply the full effects.