The Euclid’s C-Finder is a unique weapon in Fallout: New Vegas that can be used to summon an orbital laser strike. It can be found on a kid called Max, found outside of Mick and Ralph’s in freeside.
Here are a few quick tips before I get into the guide:
- Not active by default. On its own, the weapon is useless and doesn’t do anything when fired. To activate the weapon, you must finish the quest “That Lucky Old Sun” and choose to redirect the power to ARCHIMEDES II.
- Several ways of acquisition. To acquire the gun, you can either pay Max for it (either 1000 caps, or 20 caps with a Barter check of 45), or you can pickpocket it from Max.
To find the weapon, the player must get it from Max, one of the two children who can be found playing outside of the Mick & Ralph’s store in Freeside.
Finding Max shouldn’t be too difficult. During the day, he’ll be somewhere in front of the store. During the day, he’ll be sleeping on the second floor of the building adjacent to the store.
Buying the Gun
If you want to buy the gun, wait until daytime and speak to Max, then, ask to buy the gun from him.
After that, you can choose to either buy the gun from him for 1000 caps…
…or you can pass a Barter check of 45 to buy it for 20 caps instead.
Stealing the Gun
To steal the gun, wait until the evening (9-10 PM should do) and enter the building adjacent to Mick & Ralph’s.
Once inside, go upstairs to the second floor.
Turn right. You’ll find Max sleeping on the ground. From there, you can pickpocket the gun.
- Despite the weapon’s bombastic visual effects, it deals little more damage than a Frag Grenade and becomes outclassed by the Frag Grenade once you pick up perks like Demolitions Expert.
- If you unlock this weapon’s full functionality, you’ll only be able to fire it once every 24 in-game hours.
- Using the “Wait” function to restore the charge only works sometimes.
- Due to a number of bugs present on all versions of the game, sometimes, the weapon will stop functioning completely, or never even begin to work, even after you finish its associated quest.