You will craft the Exploration Set by morphing the Knapsack recipe. For this, you will also need the Wind Shoes.
You must meet the following requirements to synthesize the Exploration Set:
- Synthesize the Wind Shoes: You will need Wind Shoes with Wind Element Level 4.
- Unlock the Knapsack recipe: The Knapsack is a morph, obtained by adding an Alchemy Paint to one of Beastial Air’s Recipe loops.
- Obtain a Gold Puniball: You will also need at least one Gold Puniball for the Exploration Set. This ingredient is a common drop from the Gold Puni, which you can find at Traveler’s Road – Limewick Hill.
Collecting the Ingredients
The Gold Puniball is the only specific ingredient you will need for this recipe. Make sure you also have the Knapsack recipe unlocked.
Obtaining the Gold Puniball
Fast travel to Traveller’s Road – Limewick Hill.
You will find a large Gold Puni right at the center of the map.
Just like all large monsters, the Gold Puni will remain in place and allow you to start the battle.
Defeat the Gold Puni to obtain a Gold Puniball as a drop.
You can also obtain Gold Puniballs from the Gold Punis on the hills at the edge of the map.
The Knapsack Recipe
The Knapsack is one of Beastial Air’s recipe morphs, using the Recipe loop on the right side.
In order to obtain the Knapsack, you will need to complete three morphs. The process starts with the Cloth recipe:
- Cloth into Natural Cloth (requires Alchemy Fibers).
- Natural Cloth into Beastial Air (requires Animal Hide).
- Beastial Air into Knapsack (requires Alchemy Paint).
Synthesizing the Exploration Set
Return to the Atelier and select the Knapsack recipe.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Beastial Air.
- Alchemy Paint.
- A General Goods-type ingredient (Wind Element Level 4).
- A Mystery-type ingredient.
- A Gold Puniball.
- Wind Shoes (Wind Element Level 4).
Start by adding the Beastial Air to the Quality loop.
Next, add the Alchemy Pain to the Traits loop.
Proceed by entering the General Goods-type ingredient into the Effect 1 loop. This loop requires Wind Element Level 4 to unlock the next one.
Add a Mystery-type ingredient to the second Traits loop.
Insert the Gold Puniball into the second Quality loop.
Complete the morph by adding the Wind Shoes to the Recipe loop, which requires Wind Element Level 4. Synthesize the recipe to obtain the Exploration Set.
This Exploration Set won’t have all effects when synthesized this way. You can use the Item Rebuild option to add them later.
The Exploration Set has three effects:
- Wind Rider
- Basket Size XL
All three effects are on the left side of the recipe.
The Effect 3 loop, which adds Lightweight, is on the left side, under the first Quality loop.
For Wind Rider, you will need to level up the Effect 4 loop, which is on the bottom-left side.
You need to unlock the Effect 1 loop on the top-left side of the recipe to add Basket Size XL.
In order to unlock all effects, you will need the following ingredients:
- Wind Shoes.
- A Knapsack (Lightning Element Level 4).
- A General Goods-type ingredient.
- A Bug-type ingredient.
- Another General Goods-type ingredient (Fire Element Level 5).
- A Dragon Wing
- A second Knapsack (Lightning Element Level 6)
- Another Bug-type ingredient (Fire Element Level 4).
- A Sky Bubble.
- A third General Goods-type ingredient (Wind Element Level 6).
Once you unlock the three effects, your Exploration Set will be complete.
Exploration Set Uses
The Exploration Set combines the Knapsack and the Wind Shoes into one, giving you an increased bag size and also the benefits of the Wind Shoes depending on what traits are on it. Consolidating two gathering tools in one will allow you to bring another gathering tool instead.