The Faerie flute is a key item found in the town of Kol. You’ll need it to enter Cantlin and defeat the Stone Golem that guards the town.
Here are some tips for this part of the game:
- Be at least level 14. If you’re not there yet, grind in the desert to the far south of Rimuldar. This place will give you much needed gold besides the exp. Don’t enter the town you’ll see in the desert.
- Have the right gear. Equip yourself with the following:
- Full Plate Armor and Steel Broadsword – Buy in Rimuldar
- Iron Shield – Buy in Galenholm
- Dragon Scale – Buy at any Item Shop.
- The Warrior’s Ring (Optional) – Found in Craggy Cave.
- Stock up on Medicinal Herbs, Magic Keys and Holy Water.
Finding the Faerie Flute
You’ll become aware of the Faerie Flute’s existence when you’re in Kol, and an NPC tells you about a flute that faeries use to put golems to sleep.
To reach Kol, exit Tantegel and head to the northeast. Cross the bridge and also the next bridge to the southeast, then keep heading north until you see a small town in the middle of the forest.
In the bathhouse you’ll see a sparkle four tiles south. Search there to get the Faerie Flute. Search the drawers in the bathhouse to find some Plain Clothes and a Seed of Strength that gives you a permanent buff to your stats when used.
Once you have the Flute, stock up on Medicinal Herbs at the store and prepare for the trek to Cantlin.
Cantlin and the Stone Golem
Make your way back to Tantegel Castle and be sure to save your gold at the Vault and make sure you have the Faerie Flute with you. This will be a long walk so having a handful of Holy Waters to avoid fights will be useful.
Head north and west until you pass Erdrick’s Cave and then head south. You’ll have to pass a bridge, a swamp, another bridge and a desert to reach the southern point on the world map. Now cross the bridge to the east of you, keep following the shoreline and ignore the bridge you’ll see.
The right bridge is the one with a poisonous swamp. Heal to maximum HP immediately before entering Cantlin as stepping into it will immediately trigger the boss fight with the Stone Golem.
|150 HP – 0 MP- No Skills
|This fight is pretty straightforward if you have the Faerie Flute. Simply use it on the Golem to put him to sleep and attack. Whenever he wakes up, use the Flute again.
With the Stone Golem defeated, you can now enter the town of Cantlin and continue the story. Some things you should buy in Cantlin as soon as you have the gold are:
- Silver Shield. The strongest shield in the game.
- Fire Blade. You can also use it as an item to shoot flames. It will last you until you get Erdrick’s Sword, the best Sword in the game.
Other Uses for the Faerie Flute
The Faerie Flute can be used in battles to cast Snooze on enemies even after you use it for it’s story-related purpose. It will never break either, so you can use it to help buy you some turns on difficult fights.