The 2.0 update for Cyberpunk 2077 has introduced several skills that improve the player character’s movement capabilities. This guide will go over how to properly utilize them to your advantage.
Quick notes before you read onwards:
- Level 15 Reflex required. In order to perform this trick, a level of at least 15 Reflexes is required.
- Watch out for long falls. This trick involves fast in-air movement. While this can allow you to jump across massive gaps, failure will result in certain death, especially if you don’t have the Second Heart or Reinforced Tendons cyberware.
Performing the trick
To perform the trick, you’ll need the following 4 perks maxed out wherever possible: Slippery, Power Slide, Dash, and Air Dash.
Note that basically all of the perks in the movement branch of the Reflexes tree are going to be useful if you intend on using this trick often.
The trick itself is rather easy and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to master. It involves performing a dash while sliding, then jumping, performing an air-dash, then jumping again as soon as you hit the ground, and air-dashing again.
To repeat, step by step:
- Perform a slide.
- Dash (same key as dodging).
- Air-dash (same as regular dashing, but in mid-air)
- As soon as you land, jump.
- Air-dash again.
Repeat the final two steps for as long as you need.
This will build up momentum incredibly quickly, allowing you to not only move quickly without the need for a vehicle but also letting you jump across large gaps (especially useful while jumping from rooftop to rooftop).
It can also be used to great effect in combat. Thanks to this trick’s ability to move you incredibly quickly, you can use it to both get away from enemies or to instead get near them. Notably, you are almost impossible to hit with anything other than smart weapons (and even those will struggle) while doing this trick, allowing you to safely reload, heal up, wait for your items/cyberware to cool down, or any number of other activities.