A horse with high levels of affection will ensure your victory at the Horse Race. You need to raise your horse’s affection as high as possible before joining the race. You can get a lot of useful items in the Horse Race, including a Power Berry.
The Horse Race
The Horse Race happens twice per year, one on the 18th of spring and another one on the 18th of fall. You only join the horse race with a fully grown horse. You can bet on the races to get medals, which you can exchange for valuable items.
Tip: You can bet on yourself to win lots of medals. Save your game before the race and reload it in case you didn’t win so you can try again.
|Jewel of Truth
Tips for the Horse Race
Managing your horse’s stamina level is important. It has three levels that correspond to its speed. The higher your horse’s affection, the longer it can sustain its maximum speed.
- Green: Slow speed, low stamina consumption
- Yellow: Medium speed, medium stamina consumption
- Pink: Maximum speed, large stamina consumption
At the start of the race, keep pressing the A button until your horse reaches the pink stamina level. Stop pressing the A button and let it recover its stamina down to the yellow level.
Once you stop pressing the A button, your horse will recover stamina, but it will also slow down. If another horse gets close, tap the A button 2-3 times to speed up your horse. If you’re leading the race, just let your horse run and let it slowly recover its stamina.
You can still press the A button when you reach the pink stamina level to make your horse run faster. It’s important not to overdo it, since your opponents may suddenly catch up to you.
Once you see the finish line, just spam the A button to push your horse to maximum speed and win the race.
Increasing Your Horse’s Affection
To increase your horse’s affection, you can do the following:
- Talk to your horse every day: Press the A button while facing your horse to talk to it. You can talk to your horse multiple times per day, but its affection will only increase the first time you talk to it.
- Give your horse food: You can give your horse any of the crops from your farm to increase its affection.
- Buy the brush from Saibara: Your horse will love you more if you brush him every day. Saibara sells the brush for 800G.
- Don’t leave your horse outdoors during bad weather: Put your horse inside the stable when it rains, or when a storm is coming to prevent a reduction of its affection.