You can upgrade your house twice, but first you must upgrade your farm buildings. To unlock the first house expansion you must first upgrade your chicken coop. To unlock the second house expansion, you must upgrade your barn.
Upgrading Farm Buildings
Gotz at the Woodcutter’s House can help you upgrade your farm buildings. You can find him inside his house southeast of your farm. He will not be available during town events or on weekends.
Farm Building Requirements
|Chicken Coop expansion
|First House expansion
|Upgrade Chicken Coop
|Second House expansion
- 26,500 Gold
- 2,040 Lumber
Tips for Gold and Lumber
Upgrading farm buildings is both expensive and requires a lot of lumber. Focus on growing lots of pineapples during summer and sweet potatoes during fall to earn lots of gold quickly.
Gotz can sell you lumber for 50g each but you can get them for free by chopping branches and tree stumps. Each stump gives you six pieces of lumber but you must upgrade your Axe to the Copper Axe to chop them.
Nine tree stumps reappear every day in the following locations:
- Five tree stumps around the Woodcutter’s House
- Two tree stumps near the Hot Spring
- Two tree stumps near Mother’s Hill
Chopping these nine stumps every day will yield you 54 free lumber per day.
First House Expansion
After upgrading the chicken coop, you can then ask Gotz to remodel your house to the first expansion. It costs 4,700G and 370 lumber.
Gotz will start building your house the next day and will take three days to complete it.
Once Gotz is done, your living space will be larger than your starting house and you’ll have access to new features such as a refrigerator, a cabinet, and a kitchen for cooking.
First Expansion Features
- Kitchen: The kitchen will be available for use! You will be able to cook and learn recipes that you can give to townsfolk as gifts. You can also use the food you cook to recover your stamina while working on your farm.
- Cabinet: You can use the cabinet to store non-food items like Ores, Flowers, and other miscellaneous items like the dog’s ball.
- Refrigerator: You can store cooked or bought food items inside the fridge. You can also store harvested crops, eggs, and milk.
- TV: Upgrading your house unlocks the TV Shopping Network channel on Saturdays. Use it to buy kitchen utensils, cooking appliances, and even a Power Berry!
Second House Expansion
After upgrading your barn, visit Gotz. You’ll now have the option to remodel your house again. This final upgrade will cost 10,000G and 750 lumber.
The second and final expansion of your house is expensive, but it will be worth your time and money! This second upgrade will renovate the look of your kitchen and will add a bedroom.
This upgrade also adds some items that you can interact with. But most importantly, the second expansion is a requirement in order to marry one of the eligible bachelorettes.
Second Expansion Features
- Bedroom: Two beds will be available in the separate bedroom.
- Fireplace: During Winter, throwing a piece of lumber here will start a fire and decrease your fatigue.
- Vase: Won will come to your farm and sell you the vase for 5000g after your second house expansion. Putting flowers in the vase decreases your fatigue.
- Marriage Available: Your spouse will live with you in your big house and be pregnant after some time.
Additional Farm Expansion
After upgrading your house for the second time, the Hothouse will be available from Gotz. This building allows you to grow any crop, regardless of the season. Also, the Hothouse is the only place you can grow Orange Cup seeds.