In order to create the Kruger Cloak, you will need a Sage Coat and a Timeteller.
You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Unlock the Kruger Cloak recipe: You will find the Kruger Cloak recipe on the bottom section of the Skill Tree.
- Unlock the Puni Leather recipe: The node for the Puni Leather recipe is on the top-left corner of the Skill Tree.
- Unlock the Sage Coat recipe: The node for the Sage Coat recipe is on the top side of the Skill Tree.
- Obtain a Hug of Arachne: You will need a Hug of Arachne to synthesize the Eternal Firo, which is a core ingredient in the Sage Coat recipe.
- Obtain a Giant Puniball: The Sage Coat recipe also requires Master Leather as a core ingredient. Master Leather is a Puni Leather morph, which means you will need a Giant Puniball as well.
Starting with the Skill Tree, you will need three nodes in total: Kruger Cloak, Puni Leather, and Sage Coat.
Kruger Cloak is at the bottom part of the Skill Tree, where you will also find the other two late game armors.
Puni Leather’s node is on the top-left corner.
The node for the Sage Coat recipe is on the top side of the Skill Tree.
Collecting the Ingredients
You will need to obtain a Hug of Arachne, a Giant Puniball, and also a Timeteller
Hug of Arachne
You can obtain the Hug of Arachne from spider webs at specific locations in the Underworld Orim region. The easiest one is the Cavern of Insanity.
Fast travel to Holy Site of Urdis – Cavern of Insanity, and then head deeper inside the cave, where you fought the Deranged King in the main story.
Collect the spider webs around that part of the cave to obtain a Hug of Arachne.
Obtaining a Giant Puniball is a tricky process. Although it is a common drop from a few large Puni-type monsters, these monsters will only spawn under specific circumstances:
- Using a Secret Key.
- During the random quests “The Usual Monster”.
The Secret Key method is the easiest one. For this, you will need to create a Secret Key with the Adventure Effect “Appearance of Rare Monsters”.
Puni monsters will only appear in the Abandoned Village and in the Old Mansion areas. You can access these two optional areas by heading to the north of the Hidden Cove area.
Fast travel to Abandoned VIllage – Former Meeting Place, or to Abandoned Village – Abandoned Central Square.
Use the Secret Key with the Appearance of Rare Monsters effect in one of these two locations. Follow the quest marker to find the monster.
Repeat the process until the Secret Key spawns either a Darkness Puni or a Big Puni.
The Giant Puniball will be a guaranteed drop from these two monsters.
Timeteller can only be obtained from one specific gathering spot in the Underworld Orim region. You must gain access to the Distant Box area, northeast of Windle.
Fast travel to Distant Box – A Row of Giant Statues. Head east from the landmark, then continue north. Keep going north and then enter the room with the big tree, marked on the map below.
Collect the flowers you find scattered across the room to obtain the Timeteller. You will need Gathering Rank 3.
Synthesizing the Kruger Cloak
With all the necessary ingredients in hand, return to the Atelier.
First, synthesize the Master Leather by morphing the Puni Leather recipe using a Mythical Hide.
Next, synthesize an Eternal Firo, which is the second morph in the Alchemy Fibers tree:
- Alchemy Fibers into Himmel Schulwa (requires Queen Spider Web).
- Himmel Schulwa into Eternal Firo (requires Hug of Arachne).
Use the Master Leather and the Eternal Firo to create the Sage Coat, and make sure to max out all the effects.
You will need at least nine Sage Coat units for the Kruger Cloak.
Next, select the Kruger Cloak recipe.
Start from the Effect 4 loop, and add an Elixir-category ingredient.
Move to the Effect 3 loop, and insert a Timeteller in it.
Proceed to the Effect 2 loop and add a Cloth-category ingredient. You can use a Sage Coat to pick up a few extra stat points.
Move to the Effect 1 loop and insert as many Sage Coats as possible. With a maxed out Skill Tree, you will have nine ingredients left in the recipe.
You can now synthesize the Sage Coat. Don’t worry about the effects, as you will be able to add them later with Item Rebuild.
In order to max out all loops in the Kruger Cloak recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Two Sage Coats (Bolt Element levels 4 and 6).
- Timeteller (Air Element level 4).
- Three Cloth-category ingredients (Bolt Element level 3, Ice Element levels 3 and 4).
- 13 Elixir-category ingredients (Air Element levels 3, 5, and 9; Ice Element levels 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8; Fire Element level 5).
Kruger Cloak has lots of loops for Elixir-category ingredients, making it very easy to max out. Use Philosopher’s Stones and Olden Philosopher’s Stones to quickly fill out all loops.
With all loops maxed out, Kruger Cloak will gain the following effects:
- Ironclad Legal Art: increases magical damage taken, reduced physical damage taken.
- Mark of Secrets: increases maximum HP and gains additional CC.
- The Wisdom of the Wise: increases item power and deals additional damage when targeting the enemy’s weakness.
- Discernment of the Strategist: reduces the wait time for items and also reduces the wait time for allies’ actions.
You can also reinforce the Kruger Cloak using the furnace, adding Traits and Super Traits. You can also boost the armor’s stat points up to the 999 cap.