Love and Hate are a unique pair of spiked knuckles that are wielded by a Viper Gang Leader in Bonnie Springs.
Quick tips before we get into the guide:
- Prepare accordingly. The camp is overrun with Viper gang members, all of whom are carrying powerful weaponry, including 2 gang members who carry explosives. One of these gang members is also carrying Plasma Grenades, which can easily one-hit kill the player. Bringing heavy armor, medical supplies, and powerful explosive weaponry is highly recommended.
- Be careful while approaching the area. Bonnie Springs is surrounded by areas with powerful, difficult-to-kill enemies—specifically, Deathclaws to the north and Cazadores to the south.
Acquisition of Love and Hate
To acquire the Love and Hate spiked knuckles, you’ll first have to make your way to Bonnie Springs, which is located west of Vault 19 and south of Chance’s Map.
Once you’ve made your way to Bonnie Springs, you’ll have to find the Viper Gang Leader, who is going to be among the other gang members.
You can either clear out the entire area or find just the gang leader and kill her. The gang leader is wearing combat armor and has an almost bald head.
Alternatively, you can also kill everyone and search all of the bodies. You’ll find the weapon on the Viper Gang Leader’s corpse.
Comparison of Love and Hate to the Spiked Knuckles
- Love and Hate deals more damage than the Spiked Knuckles (30 vs 25).
- Love and Hate attacks slightly faster than the Spiked Knuckles (2.53 attacks per second vs 2.37 attacks per second ).
Tips for using Love and Hate
- Thanks to the weapon’s balanced stats, it’s a wonderful workhorse weapon for early to mid-game fights.
- The weapon’s high durability (1495 attacks before breaking) and relatively low value (750 caps) make keeping it in good condition incredibly cheap compared to other unarmed weapons.