In order to unlock the recipe for Patricia’s ultimate weapon, Efflorescence, you need to clear the normal quest “A Request to Investigate the Temple” in Nemed.
You will need to clear the following requirements:
- Advance the main story: Like all ultimate weapons, Efflorescence will only become available during the final chapter, “Code of the Universe”.
- Clear the following normal quests:
- Not Enough Material for the Device!
- Take This if You’re Tired.
You can unlock these two quests at the village chief’s manor in Nemed Village.
- Create a Secret Key with an Adventure Effect: You will need to break a barrier to the west of the Fishing Village at the Bay, which is blocking the way to the Abandoned Temple.
- Unlock the Grand Orgen recipe: The node for the Grand Orgen recipe is on the top side of the Skill Tree, and costs 1500 SP.
- Synthesize the Arc en Ciel recipe: Arc en Ciel is available from the start of the game. You will need at least one unit for Patty’s weapon.
Unlocking the Efflorescence Recipe
In the Nemed region map, fast travel to Nemed Forest – Village of Faurre. Head over to the village chief’s manor.
Inside the manor, talk to Dolto, the village chief. He will then task you with the quest “A Request to Investigate the Temple”.
This quest requires you to discover the Ancient Temple, located to the northwest of Nemed. You can only access this area by heading west from the Fishing Village at the Bay.
After walking a short distance from the village, you will run into a barrier blocking the way. Use your Secret Key with a generic Adventure Effect to break the barrier.
Follow the trail to the west, and you will reach the mountain range. Continue along the mountain trail to reach the Abandoned Temple.
The temple’s entrance is blocked by a suspended drawbridge.
In order to lower the Abandoned Temple’s drawbridge, face south from the entrance, then continue up the stairs.
Keep going south, and continue up the second set of stairs.
Next, continue towards the lever at the end of the path.
Interact with the ladder to lower the drawbridge and gain access to the temple.
Inside the temple, head east on the main hallway.
Continue until the end of the hallway, then slide down the pile of rubble.
On the other side of the pile of rubble, you will gain access to the temple’s library.
Check the bookshelf on the left side of the room to obtain the books for the quest.
Return to Nemed Forest – Village of Faurre. Report back to Dolto to complete the quest.
You will obtain the recipe for Efflorescence as a reward.
Return to the Atelier and you will automatically learn the recipe.
Efflorescence requires two core ingredients – Grand Orgen and Arc en Ciel.
Create 11 Grand Orgen ingots.
Just like the Grand Orgen, Arc en Ciel also requires Septrin as a core ingredient. Synthesize at least one Arc en Ciel unit, and make sure to pick up the Effect Spread loops.
After synthesizing the two ingredients, select the Efflorescence recipe.
Start with the Effect 2 loop, inserting Arc en Ciel.
Move to the Effect 1 loop. Add as many Grand Orgen ingots as possible.
With all nodes in the Skill Tree unlocked, you will be able to add 11 ingots.
After filling out the two core loops, you can synthesize the recipe. Don’t worry about adding the effects right now, as you will be able to do it later with the Item Rebuild option.
Efflorescence requires the following ingredients:
- Grand Orgen (Ice Element level 6 loop).
- Arc en Ciel (Fire Element level 4; Bolt Element levels 4, 5 and 6).
- Six Jewel-category ingredients (Air Element levels 4 and 6; Bolt Element levels 5 and 6; Fire Element levels 3 and 6).
- Two Ingot-category ingredients (Ice Element levels 3 and 5).
You can easily max out all effects by using Arc en Ciel’s Effect Spread. You can also use Philosopher’s Stones and Olden Philosopher’s Stones in the Jewel-category loops.
With all loops maxed out, Efflorescence will have these effects:
- White Light Illuminating Darkness: increases Patty’s critical rate. Critical hits will increase her Attack.
- Mark of Aggression 6: raises Patty’s Attacker level.
After rebuilding the weapon, you can use the furnace to access the Reinforce Equipment option. This will let you add Traits and Super Traits. You can also boost the weapon’s stats, all the way up to the 999 cap.
Best Weapon for Patricia
In Atelier Ryza 3, unlike in the previous two titles, all weapon recipes are standalone, with no morphs between them. Because of this, all weapons could be considered viable options, giving players more freedom in their builds.
Older weapons will have slightly lower stats overall, but the difference isn’t significant.
Patricia has the following weapons available:
|Increases physical damage
|Increases Attack by 20
|Increases critical rate
|Attacker level up
|Might of Heaven
|Reduces the wait time for skillsDeals additional damage when at full HP
|Supporter level up
|Increases damage dealt with critical hitsSkills can deal additional Stun Gauge damage
|Defender level up
If you choose one of these weapons, look for a loop in the recipe that requires Ingot-category ingredients. Follow the synthesis flow as usual until you get to that loop, then add as many Grand Orgen ingots to it as possible.