In order to make a Silent Sickle, you will need a Taboo Drop. The Taboo Drop is the final morph in the Flour’s recipe tree.
Here are the requirements you need to clear in order to synthesize the Silent Sickle:
- Unlock the Honey and Flour recipes: Honey and Flour share the same node in the Skill Tree.
- Unlock the Polishing Powder recipe: The Silent Sickle recipe requires multiple Polishing Powder units.
- Raise your Gathering Rank up to 2: You will need Black Muck, which requires Gathering Rank 2.
- Make a Woodcutter’s Axe with Capable Cutting: You will also need to collect Black Water, which requires an Axe with Gathering Rank 2.
- Obtain the Poison Cube recipe: The Poison Cube is a recipe morph. You will obtain it by adding Black Muck to the Flour recipe.
- Create a Taboo Drop: The Taboo Drop is also a recipe morph, which you will obtain by adding Black Water to the Poison Cube recipe.
Unlocking the Recipes
In order to synthesize the Silent Sickle, you first have to unlock another two recipes.
The first one is the Flour recipe, which shares a node with Honey in the Skill Tree. You will find this node on the right side.
Unlocking the Honey Set node costs 250 SP.
You will also need to unlock the Material Processing node, which is a few nodes below the Honey Set one.
Unlocking this node also requires 250 SP.
Next, you will need to collect Wasser Wheat, Black Muck and Black Water.
For Wasser Wheat, fast travel to Ashra-am Baird – Klares Farming District. Use the staff on the wooden boxes to collect Wasser Wheat.
Alternatively, you will also find Wasser Wheat at Capital Outskirts – Grenze Hill. This method requires raising your staff’s Gathering Rank up to two stars.
Use the staff on the wooden boxes at the east side of the map.
You will find Black Muck at three different gathering spots. All three require Gathering Rank 2.
Fast travel to Capital Outskirts – Star Guardian Lake. Head over to the north part of the map, then use the Air Drop to dive into the lake.
Go all the way to the bottom of the lake, where you will find these dirt mounds. Collect them to obtain Black Muck.
The second location where you will find Black Mud is the Sunken City of Stars – Stargazing Lower Town.
Dive into the lake right at the entrance, then swim all the way to the bottom. Collect the dirt mounds to get Black Muck.
The third location is the Valley of Winds – Schirm Marsh. Dive into the lake and interact with the dirt mounds on the lake floor to collect Black Muck.
Black Water requires a Woodcutter’s Axe with the Capable Cutting effect (Gathering Rank 2).
Fast travel to Mirage Land – Phantasm Forest. Use the Woodcutter’s Axe on the Rafflesia flowers to collect Black Water.
Once you collect all materials, return to the Atelier.
Synthesize the Polishing Powder recipe. Make sure your Polishing Powder units have a combined Lightning Element level 5.
Next, select the Flour recipe and morph it into Poison Cube by adding Black Muck. Synthesize the Poison Cube to obtain the recipe.
Select the Poison Cube recipe. Morph it into Taboo Drop by adding Black Water.
Synthesize the Taboo Drop recipe, and make sure to have a combined Ice Element level 3.
Making the Silent Sickle
Select the Grass Sickle recipe.
Add a Large Bone in the Effect 1 loop.
Insert a Lumber-type ingredient in the Traits loop.
Add an Ore-type ingredient to the Quality loop on the top-left side.
After that, move over to the right side of the recipe.
Insert Polishing Powder in the Effect 2 loop. This loop requires Lightning Element level 2.
Add a Lumber-type ingredient to the second Traits loop. This loop requires Ice Element level 3.
Insert Polishing Powder in the second Effect 2 loop. This loop requires Lightning Element level 3.
Use a Lumber-type ingredient in the third Effect 2 loop.
Add Taboo Drop to the Recipe loop. This loop requires Ice Element level 3.
Synthesize the Silent Sickle in order to unlock the recipe. Don’t worry about adding effects for now, as you will be able to do it later.
There are two different methods you can choose from to unlock all effects.
The first method would be using the Item Rebuild option to modify the Silent Sickle. Your second option would be synthesizing a new Silent Sickle from scratch.
In order to max out all loops in the Silent Sickle recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Gas-type ingredient (Ice Element level 5).
- Grass Sickle (Ice Element level 9).
- Lumber-type ingredient (Ice Element level 3).
- Taboo Drop (Fire Element level 7).
- A second Lumber-type ingredient (Lightning Element level 5).
- A third Lumber-type ingredient (Ice Element level 9).
- A second Gas-type ingredient (Lightning Element level 3).
- A second Grass Sickle (Ice Element level 4).
- A second Taboo Drop (Fire Element level 4).
- A third Grass Sickle (Ice Element level 3).
Once complete, the Silent Sickle will have these effects:
- Expert Cutting (Gathering Rank 3).
- Gathering Up L.
- Add (Ore).
- Add (General Goods).