In order to create the Silent Sickle, you will need to morph the Grass Sickle recipe by adding a Taboo Drop.
You will need to meet these requirements before synthesizing the Silent Sickle.
- Raise the staff’s Gathering Rank: You will need the staff at Gathering Rank 3 for this synthesis. As an alternative, you can synthesize a Golden Axe or a Ravage Hammer with Rank 3.
- Collect Black Water: Black Water is the core ingredient for the Taboo Drop. You can obtain it at the Abandoned Village and Old Mansion areas, or at the Code of the Universe as well.
- Obtain a Lightning Tree: You will also need a Lightning Tree for the Grass Sickle recipe.
- Synthesize the Taboo Drop: The Taboo Drop synthesis is available from the start of the game.
Collecting the Ingredients
You will need to obtain Black Water and a Lightning Tree.
Where to Find Black Water
You can obtain Black Water from two different locations.
If you are far enough into the story, the easiest gathering spot will be at the Code of the Universe.
Fast travel to Code of the Universe – Last Residence, and, from there, head back to the entrance area.
Head down the ramp and you will find lots of wooden barrels around. Use the staff with Gathering Rank 2 or higher on these barrels to obtain Black Water.
As an alternative location, you can also collect Black Water at the Abandoned Village and at the Old Mansion. These are two optional areas in the Kurken region, and are located to the north of the Hidden Cove.
Fast travel to Old Mansion – Tranquil Garden.
Walk west from the landmark, then go behind the wood house. You will find some clay pots. Use the staff or another tool with Gathering Rank 2 on the clay pots to obtain Black Water.
You can also find these clay pots in front of the wood house to the east of the landmark.
As a third alternative, you can also find more clay pots near the tunnel, to the southeast. That’s the same tunnel that leads back to the Abandoned Village.
The Lightning Tree will require a staff, or one of the other gathering tools, with Gathering Rank 3.
You can obtain Lightning Trees from the wood barrels near the Cleria Region Atelier. Use a tool with Gathering Rank 3 on the barrels.
Synthesizing the Silent Sickle
After collecting all the necessary ingredients, head back to the Atelier.
Start by using the Black Water to synthesize a Taboo Drop.
Once you have the Taboo Drop ready, select the Grass Sickle recipe. You must achieve at least 100 Quality in order to complete the morph.
Start from the Effect 2 loop and add Polishing Powder to it.
Insert a Large Bone in the Effect 1 loop, which has a Fire Element Level 3 requirement.
Continue to the bottom side of the recipe.
Insert a Lumber-category ingredient in the Traits loop.
Use an Ore-category ingredient in the Quality loop. This loop has a Fire Element 3 requirement.
Insert a Lightning Tree in the second Effect 1 loop, which requires Lightning Element Level 4.
Your recipe must have at least 100 Quality to continue past this loop. If you do not meet this requirement, return to the Quality loop and fill it out.
Use a Large Bone in the third Effect 1 loop. This loop requires Fire Element Level 4.
Insert the Taboo Drop in the Recipe loop to complete the morph. This loop requires Ice Element Level 3.
You can synthesize the recipe right away, and then add all effects later via Item Rebuild.
In order to max out all the Silent Sickle’s loops, you will need these ingredients:
- A Taboo Drop (Fire Element Level 2 loop).
- Another two Taboo Drops (Fire Element Level 5 loops).
- A fourth Taboo Drop (Fire Element Level 6 loop).
- Two Gases-category ingredients (Wind Element Level 3 loops).
- Another two Gases-category ingredients (Wind Element Level 4 loops).
- A fifth Gases-category ingredient (Wind Element Level 5 loop).
- A Lumber-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 4 loop).
- A second Lumber-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 5 loop).
- A third Lumber-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 6 loop).
- A Grass Sickle (Ice Element Level 2 loop).
- Another Grass Sickle (Ice Element Level 4 loop).
Your Silent Sickle must have at least 300 Quality in order to unlock all loops.
Once complete, the Silent Sickle will have the following effects:
- Masterful Cutting (Gathering Rank 3).
- Gathering Up XL.
- Add (Ore).
- Add (General Goods).