The Stealth Suit MK2 is found in the X-13 Research Facility and is one of the best outfits for stealth-focused builds in all of Fallout: New Vegas. It was added with the Old World Blues DLC.
It comes with numerous benefits and is also required to finish the main questline of the DLC. Finishing a set of specific stealth challenges also upgrades the suit further, greatly improving its effectiveness.
Acquisition of the suit
First, you must make your way to the X-13 Research Facility, which is located on the western edge of the map.
Once you’re inside the facility, walk through the first door directly ahead of you and look left, you’ll see a set of 2 doors, labeled “LAB #1” and “LAB 2”.
Both of the rooms house a single part. LAB #1 houses the arms, while LAB #2 houses the boots.
Once you have both of these parts, exit back to the hallway and continue around the bend you saw earlier. You’ll see a door marked with the sign “LAB #3” on your left- that’s where the last part of the set is located.
Once all of the parts have been picked up, the full armor will be added to your inventory.
Benefits of the suit + Tips
One important note is that the armor, despite being meant for stealth applications, is actually considered Medium armor, which is suboptimal for stealth applications, as it raises player visibility.
- The armor will automatically inject Med-X when the player enters combat.
- The armor will automatically inject Stimpacks while the player’s HP is low.
- The Stealth Suit MK2 talks to the player, although this has no effect on sneaking.
- Completing the side quest “Project X-13”, which is given to the player after assembling the suit, gives the player additional benefits while the armor is equipped (+25 Sneak, +1 Perception, +1 Agility, +20% Movement speed while crouched)
- The last benefit is particularly beneficial, as it allows the player to get out of sight faster, which often results in remaining hidden for longer.