In order to synthesize the Summoner’s Bell, you will just need an Ingot and a Large Bone. You can unlock two additional mounts by completing quests.
Here are the requirements to create the Summoner’s Bell, and also to unlock all mounts:
- Obtain a Large Bone: The Large Bone is a common drop from animal and dragon monsters.
- Synthesize an Ingot: You will need a few Ingots to unlock the Summoner’s Bell’s effects.
- Clear the Ruffian of the Waterfall normal quest: This quest will unlock the Water Beast.
- Complete the Land Beast world quest: As the name suggests, this quest will unlock the Land Beast.
Synthesizing the Summoner’s Bell
The Summoner’s Bell is an extremely simple recipe, which only requires two ingredients.
Add a Large Bone to the Effect 1 loop.
nsert an Ingot in the Effect 2 loop.
This recipe only has two core loops, which means you can synthesize it right away.
You can unlock the effects later using the Item Rebuild option.
You will need these ingredients to max out all the Summoner’s Bell’s loops:
- A Large Bone (Fire Element Level 3 loop).
- A second Large Bone (Fire Element Level 6 loop).
- A third Large Bone (Fire Element Level 9 loop).
- Ingot (Fire Element Level 3 loop).
- Startium (Lightning Element Level 9 loop).
- Two Magical-category ingredients (Ice Element Level 6 loops).
- A third Magical-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 2 loop).
- A fourth Magical-category ingredient (Wind Element Level 7 loop).
- A Puni-category ingredient (Wind Element Level 2 loop).
- A second Puni-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 3 loop).
- A third Puni-category ingredient (Ice Element Level 4 loop).
The Summoner’s Bell has the following effects:
- Summon Spirit Beast XL: makes the Spirit Beast move faster.
- Mining XL: allows the Spirit Beast to dig rarer ingredients, and in larger quantities.
- Water Beast Speed Up L: makes the Water Beast run and swim faster.
- Land Beast Breath Enhance L: allows the Land Beast to destroy bigger rocks.
Unlocking All Mounts
There are three different mounts: the Spirit Beast, the Water Beast, and the Land Beast.
All three beasts will let you ride faster around the map, while also driving monsters away. Each mount has its own specific skills as well, which will grant you access to hidden areas.
The Spirit Beast is readily available as soon as you synthesize the Summoner’s Bell. This is the same mount from Atelier Ryza 2.
Just like in the previous game, the Spirit Beast has the Dig ability. With the Mining XL effect, the Spirit Beast can find rare items, such as Gold Puniballs and Giant Puniballs.
You will unlock the Water Beast by completing the normal quest “Ruffian of the Waterfall”. This quest is available at Kurken Port, on the northernmost dock.
Once you accept the quest, you will be asked to move to an islet in the Kark Isles region.
In order to access the quest area, fast travel to Kark Isles – Tree of Light, then swim towards the northwest.
Follow the quest marker until you arrive at the designated spot. A cutscene will play, and the Water Beast will appear.
The Water Beast will then summon two wyrms, which you will have to fight.
One of the monsters is a Mini Wyvern.
The other one is a Zephyr Feather. Both monsters are fairly weak, and you will be able to quickly dispose of them.
After beating the monsters, you will acquire the Water Beast mount.
You can ride the Water Beast to climb up waterfalls and gain access to hidden areas.
In order to obtain the Land Beast, you must complete the world quest “The Land Beast”. This is the second quest in the Nemed region’s world quest chain.
The Land Beast quest will only become available after you clear the “News and Information” world quest. This first quest is available from the village chief in his manor, in Nemed Forest – Village of Faurre.
The Land Beast quest is available at the Dragon Tree.
Fast travel to Nemed Forest – Dragon Tree, and then follow the trail to the east. Once you arrive at the quest marker, a cutscene will play and you will meet the Land Beast.
Just like the Water Beast, the Land Beast will also summon a monster to fight in its stead.
You will fight a Slashblader, which is naturally a lot stronger than the previous ones. But, as long as you’ve been keeping your gear properly upgraded, you will breeze through this fight as well.
After defeating the Slashblader, you will obtain the Land Beast mount.
The Land Beast can destroy large boulders. Keep in mind that some boulders require a maxed out Effect 4 loop in the Summoner’s Bell’s recipe.
The boulders are indicated by a Land Beast icon in the map.
Use the Land Beast’s breath attack to destroy these large boulders, clearing the way to hidden areas.