In order to obtain the recipe for Ifestio, Tao’s ultimate weapon, you must complete the normal quest “Preparing for Battle Against the Philuscha”.
Here are other requirements you will need to meet for it:
- Advance the main story: The “Preparing for Battle Against the Philuscha” only becomes available once you enter the Code of the Universe’s final area.
- Synthesize a Pristine Key with the “Rarity Up 2” effect: You will need a Super Rare Secret Key for this quest, which requires a Pristine Key with a maxed out Effect 4 loop.
- Create a Super RareSecret Key with a generic Adventure Effect: Your Secret Key will also need an Adventure Effect, which allows you to use it in the overworld. Any Adventure Effect will work.
- Obtain the Radiant Plate secret recipe: Radiant Plate is one of the 10 secret recipes in the Kurken Island Area. You can obtain it from any supply point.
- Synthesize three Radiant Plates: In order to clear the quest, you will need three Radiant Plates.
- Unlock the Grand Orgen recipe in the Skill Tree: The Grand Orgen node is on the top side of the Skill Tree. It requires 1500 SP.
- Obtain a Wolf Beast’s Blade: The Wolf Beast’s Blade is a guaranteed drop from the wolf monsters in the Nemed region.
Unlocking the Ifestio Recipe
The “Preparing for Battle Against the Philuscha” quest is available in Windle.
Switch to the Underworld Orim region. Fast travel to Holy Site of Urdis – Windle.
From the Atelier, walk to the tree on the southeast of the village, then climb the ladder.
You will find a Wave Tuner warrior on the platform.
Talk to her in order to unlock the quest.
This quest requires you to synthesize three Radiant Plates. This is a secret recipe exclusive to the Kurken area, and can only be obtained from supply points.
Obtaining the Radiant Plate Recipe
In order to unlock a secret recipe, you will need a Super Rare Secret Key.
You will need to synthesize a Pristine Key with the “Rarity Up 2” effect, which requires maxed out Effect 4 loops.
If you haven’t unlocked the Philosopher’s Stone yet, simply use ingredients with Effect Spread to fill out this loop.
Once you’ve maxed out the Effect 4 loop, synthesize the Pristine Key recipe.
Next, fast travel to any landmark. Use the Pristine Key to create a Secret Key.
Your Super Rare Secret Key must have a generic Adventure Effect. This will let you use the Secret Key in the overworld.
After obtaining the Super Rare with an Adventure Effect, fast travel to any location in the Kurken area.
You will have to look for supply points. Common supply points will shoot up a blue light beam towards the sky, making them visible from a long distance away.
Head over to the supply point’s location, then interact with it.
Use a Super Rare Secret Key with a generic Adventure Effect.
You will obtain a few drops from the supply point, which may include a secret recipe. These drops are randomly generated.
A supply point will disappear once you use a Secret Key on it. Repeat the process with different supply points around the Kurken area until you obtain the Radiant Plate recipe.
As mentioned earlier, there are 10 secret recipes in the Kurken area. In other words, it could take a while to obtain the Radiant Plate recipe. Make sure to keep an eye on how many uses your Secret Key has left.
Alternatively, you can also search for a rare supply point.
Rare supply points are gold-colored, but will not emit a beam, making them much harder to spot.
Unlike common supply points, rare supply points are guaranteed to give you a secret recipe.
After obtaining the Radiant Plate recipe, return to the Atelier.
Next, synthesize the Radiant Plate. This is a fairly simple recipe, which only requires three core ingredients:
- Beastial Air.
- A generic Metal-category ingredient.
You will need three units in total. You can either synthesize them in one go using materials with “Synth Quantity +”, or multiply the Radiant Plate using the Item Duplication option.
Once you have all three, return to the Wave Tuner woman in Windle and deliver the Radiant Plates to her.
You will obtain the Ifestio recipe as a reward.
Return to the Atelier in order to automatically learn the recipe.
Obtaining the Ingredients
Ifestio requires the Grand Orgen and a Wolf Beast’s Blade as core ingredients.
Wolf Beast’s Blade
The Wolf Beast’s Blade is a guaranteed drop from the wolf monsters in Nemed.
Fast travel to Nemed Forest – Central Blockade Area.
Head south and walk down the stairs. You will find a Spellblade Wielder roaming the area.
Defeat it in order to obtain a Wolf Beast’s Blade.
Once you have all ingredients, return to the Atelier. Start by creating 11 Grand Orgen ingots.
Next, select the Ifestio recipe.
Start from the Effect 2 loop. Insert the Wolf Beast’s Blade.
You will automatically move over to the Effect 1 loop. Use all the remaining ingredients to add as many Grand Orgen ingots as possible.
With a maxed out Skill Tree, you will be able to add 11 ingots.
Synthesize the recipe right after that. You will be able to unlock the effects later, via Item Rebuild.
In order to max out Ifestio’s effects, you will need the following ingredients:
- Grand Orgen (Ice Element level 6 loop).
- Two Ingot-category ingredients (Ice Element levels 3 and 5 loops).
- Two Wolf Beast’s Blade (Fire Element levels 3 and 4 loops).
- Magical-category ingredients (Bolt Element levels 3, 4, and 6; Fire Element levels 3 and 4; Air Element levels 3 and 5).
Since Ifestio requires Magical-category ingredients, you can easily max out all loops by using materials with Effect Spread – such as Philosopher’s Stones, Olden Philosopher’s Stones, or Crystal Elements.
With all loops maxed out, Ifestio will have the following effects:
- Liquefied Heat: increases the chance to inflict status conditions, deals bonus damage to enemies inflicted with status conditions.
- Mark of Assistance 6: raises Tao’s Supporter level.
You can further improve your weapon by using the furnace to reinforce it. This will let you add Traits and Super Traits, while also boosting the weapon’s stats up to 999.
Best Weapon for Tao
Unlike in previous Atelier Ryza games, the weapons are all standalone recipes, with no morphs.
In other words, it makes all five weapons viable, giving the player greater flexibility in their builds.
Aside from Ifestio, Tao has the following weapons available:
|Increases critical damage
|Critical rate up +10%
|Chance to inflict Curse on the target
|Supporter level up
|Critical rate up Deals additional damage to enemies inflicted with status effects
|Attacker level up
|Reduced wait time for skillsDeals additional damage to stunned enemies
|Defender level up
These weapons will have slightly lower stats compared to Ifestio, but the difference is negligible.
When synthesizing these weapons, follow the flow and look for the closest loop that requires generic Ingot-category ingredients.
Add as many Grand Orgen ingots as possible to this loop, then synthesize the recipe.