Vance’s 9mm submachine gun is a unique 9mm Submachine Gun that can be found in Vance’s Safe, which can be found in an unmarked house called “Wins Hideout” located to the west of the H&H Tools Factory.
Quick tips before getting to the guide.
- Max Lockpick or Speech required. To get the gun, you will have to have either a Speech skill of 55 or a Lockpick skill of 100.
Acquiring Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun
To start, you’ll have to go to the Wins Hideout, which is an unmarked location that can be found to the north of the H&H Tools Factory.
Method 1: Speech
Once you find the hideout, head inside. You’ll see 2 people. Speak to the woman on the left- Pauline.
Exhaust her dialogue options. Eventually, you’ll see a dialogue option that says “That’s the greatest plan I’ve heard in my entire life.”
Select this dialogue option and then speak to Sammy
Tell Sammy that Pauline wants him to give you the gun.
He’ll then give you the code to the safe, unlocking it and allowing you to take the gun. The safe is located in the far right corner of the room.
Method 2: Lockpicking
This method is fairly straightforward. Enter the hideout through the front door and either kill Sammy and Pauline or just sneak past them. Then walk up to the safe and pick the lock. The gun will be inside.
The safe is located in the far right corner of the room.
Keep in mind that a lockpicking skill of 100 is required to pick the lock.
Comparison of Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun to the 9mm Submachine Gun
- Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun deals more damage per shot (17 vs 14)
- Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun shoots faster than the regular 9mm Submachine Gun but slower than the upgraded 9mm Submachine Gun (13 attacks/second vs 11 attacks/second vs 14.3 attacks/second)
- Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun has a larger magazine than the regular 9mm Submachine Gun and equal to the upgraded 9mm Submachine Gun (60 vs 30 vs 60)
- Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun has a higher DPS than both the upgraded 9mm submachine gun and the regular submachine gun (221 vs 200 vs 154)
- Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun has higher durability than the other 9mm Submachine guns (3745 shots before breaking vs 2745 shots before breaking)
Tips for using Vance’s 9mm Submachine Gun
- The Grunt perk from the Honest Hearts DLC will increase this weapon’s damage by 25%.
- Due to this weapon’s low damage, high fire rate, large magazine, and fast reload speed, it’s best suited to be used with Hollow-Point ammunition in an anti-unarmored opponent role.
- The common and cheap ammunition make this weapon one of the best starter weapons in the game, provided that the player can reach New Vegas quickly enough to get the gun.