In order to create the Warrior Choker, you will need to morph the Master Leather recipe by adding an Ancient Sword to it.
Here are the other requirements you will need to meet:
- Unlock the Puni Leather recipe: The Warrior Choker is the second morph in the Puni Leather recipe tree.
- Create a Secret Key with the “Appearance of Rare Monsters” effect: You will need a Giant Puniball for this recipe. Large Puni-type monsters will spawn if you use a Secret Key with this effect.
- Synthesize a Beastial Air: You will also need a Beastial Air for this recipe.
- Synthesize at least 13 Grand Orgen ingots: You will need to add a few Grand Orgen ingots to the Warrior Choker recipe.
Before you get started, make sure to unlock the Puni Leather node in the Skill Tree. You will find it on the top-left corner.
Obtaining the Ingredients
You will need a Giant Puniball and an Ancient Sword.
As mentioned earlier, you will obtain the Giant Puniball as a drop from large Puni-type monsters.
These monsters will only spawn under two specific circumstances:
- If you use a Secret Key with the “Appearance of Rare Monsters” effect.
- During random quests.
The Secret Key is the most reliable method.
Large Puni-type monsters will only spawn in the Abandoned Village and in the Old Mansion areas. You can access these two maps by heading north from the Ancient Cove area.
Fast travel to either Abandoned VIllage – Former Meeting Place, or to Abandoned Village – Abandoned Central Square.
Next, use your Secret Key, and then follow the marker to the monster’s location.
Repeat the process until the key spawns either a Darkness Puni or a Big Puni.
Defeat the monster in order to obtain a Giant Puniball, which is a guaranteed drop.
As an alternative, you can also gather Giant Puniballs by digging with the Spirit Beast in these same areas. This method is far less reliable, however.
You can obtain the Ancient Sword in the Distant Box area, which you can access by heading northeast from Windle, in the Underworld Orim region.
Fast travel to either Distant Box – Altar of Reflecting Sun, or to Distant Box – Worshiped Spirit Stone. Use your staff or a Golden Axe on the armors to obtain the Ancient Sword.
Synthesizing the Warrior Choker
After obtaining the ingredients, return to the Atelier. Select the Puni Leather recipe.
Start from the Effect 2 loop and insert a Fruit-category ingredient.
Move to the Effect 1 loop and insert a Giant Puniball. This loop requires Ice Element level 4.
Continue to the loops on the left side.
Add a Fruit-category ingredient to the second Effect 1 loop, which has a Fire Element level 3 requirement.
Insert a Beastial Air in the Quality loop.
Add a Fruit-category ingredient to the Traits loop, which requires Air Element level 2.
Complete the first morph, into Master Leather, by adding a Mythical Hide to the Recipe loop. This loop requires Ice Element level 3.
Do not synthesize the recipe yet, and keep going in the Master Leather recipe.
Insert an Elixir-category ingredient in the Effect 1 loop. You must meet a Fire Element level 3 requirement.
Proceed to the loops on the right side of the recipe, and add an Elixir-category ingredient to the second Effect 1 loop. You must meet a Fire Element level 4 requirement.
Add a Puni-category ingredient to the third Effect 1 loop, which requires Ice Element level 3.
Insert a Mythical Hide in the fourth Effect 1 loop, which has an Ice Element level 4 requirement.
Move to the Recipe loop and add an Ancient Sword. This loop has a Bolt Element level 4 requirement.
Again, do not synthesize the recipe yet.
In the Warrior Choker recipe, skip the Effect 1 loop and proceed to the Effect 3 loop on the left side.
Add as many Grand Orgen ingots as possible to this loop. With a maxed out Skill Tree, you should be able to use 13 ingots.
You can now synthesize the recipe, and then add all effects later via Item Rebuild.
In order to max out all its effects, the Warrior Choker will require these ingredients:
- Three Heroic Spirits (Air Element levels 3 and 4).
- 10 Threads-category ingredients (Air Element levels 3, 4, 5, 8; Fire Element level 4; Ice Element levels 3 and 5).
- Five Metal-category ingredients (Air Element levels 4 and 8, Bolt Element level 8, Fire Element level 5).
- Four Master Leather units (Ice Element levels 3, 4, and 5).
Once maxed out, the Warrior Choker will have the following effects:
- Battlefield Mage: increases attack power at the start of a battle and gains additional AP whenever the Tactic Level goes up.
- Strategic Planning: gains extra AP and deals additional damage to stunned enemies.
- Lightning Speed Strategy: increases Speed and critical damage.
- Conducting Pep Talk: recovers HP each turn and reduces damage taken.
You can also use the furnace in the back of the Atelier to add Traits and Super Traits to the Warrior Choker, or to boost your accessory’s stats up to the 999 cap.