The Zenithian Armor is hidden in a sea cave on the northeastern sea, nearby Minikin’s Dominion. You can find it during Chapter 5 after you gain access to Torneko’s Ship. Finding the four pieces of Zenithian gear is needed to continue the main story.
Here are some tips before you head to the armor:
- Be at least level 25. Your entire party should be at least level 25 or higher. Around the point in the story where you defeat the guard of Rosehill Village should be alright. Level up outside Rosehill Village if you’re not at that level yet.
- Have the Magic Key. You can find it revisiting the cave to the west of Aubout du Monde that you visited in chapter 4.
- Wear the right equipment. Equip your magic users with a Cloak of Evasion and your fighters with full plate armor and the best weapons you can buy for them. Their attack power should be higher than 150.
- Save nearby. If you’re under-leveled but still want to try, visit Manikin’s Dominion so you can quickly cast Evac, Zoom there, sleep at the inn and try again.
Finding Minikin’s Cave
You’ll hear about the Zenithian Armor the first time your party reaches Bath. If you visit the graveyard at night, the ghost of Bladud, the armor’s owner, will tell you that it was stolen by thieves and taken on a ship.
Before you get your own ship, a sailor on Porthtrunnel will tell you about a ship with stolen goods that sank on the northeastern seas. That’s where you need to go.
Once you get Torneko’s ship, sail to the island at the extreme northeast of the map and get inside that castle. There’s an inn there where you can sleep. Now get back on the ship and sail just a bit north, and you’ll see a sea cave above the castle. That’s where the Zenithian Armor is located.
Exploring Minikin’s Cave
This cave has a lot of difficult monsters. Be especially mindful of Hell Raisers, as they can revive fallen monsters, and Dragon Riders, who can attack twice per turn. Consider fleeing if the encounter has too many monsters.
You’ll navigate most of this cave on a raft instead of walking. Get into the raft and head east. The chest on the east side has a Mini Medal. The west side of the river has a passage in which you can find another Mini Medal.
Go back to the raft and keep following the river until you reach the next area. Keep following the water instead of stepping on the land, and in the next area you’ll see a tile of land with stairs going down. Get there.
Inside here you’ll find two chests. One has another Mini Medal and the other one has the Zenithian Armor. There’s nothing else to do in this cave. You can equip the armor on your Hero and cast Evac to get out.
Zenithian Armor Uses
The Zenithian Armor has the following stats and unique aspects:
- +70 Defense
- Resistance to Instant Death Spells
- Reduces spell damage by 1/3